Kalehan Energy Group was established in 2007 by two leading construction companies of Turkey, Cengiz Construction and Özaltın Construction, with a 50%-50% partnership structure. The Group consists of 5 sister companies which are:
- Kalehan Kale Energy Generation Corp.
- Kalehan Genç Energy Generation Corp.
- Kalehan Gözeler Energy Generation Corp.
- Kalehan Beyhan Energy Generation Corp. and
- Kalehan Murat Energy Generation Corp.
It is planned that the hydroelectrical potential of the Murat River Basin between Alparslan 2 Dam and Keban Dam will be utilized via projects being developed by these companies, namely the Upper Kaleköy Dam and HEPP, Lower Kaleköy Dam and HEPP, Gözeler Diversion Weir and HEPP, Beyhan 1 Dam and HEPP, Beyhan 2 Dam and HEPP and Palu Diversion Weir and HEPP projects.
With the mentioned projects corresponding to a total installed capacity of 2,320.97 MW, Kalehan Energy Group will contribute 5,436.21 GWh in meeting the annual energy demand of Turkey.